Tuesday 12 November 2013

Suits You

Right, welcome to my self help guide on..wait for it...SUIT SHOPPING! I know, so terribly exciting- I can hardly hold the excitement in. Once graduating Uni there will be a time when someone actually offers you an interview and you need suitable attire, excuse the pun! This exact thing happen to me last week, so on Monday I embarked to Oxford Street to attempt to buy one.

Before I continue, does anyone actually know how hard it is to find a smart, stylish, affordable suit. If I wanted frump I would have popped to M&S! 

My first stop was Zara, though a safe bet for nice office wear, the prices were much higher then you would expect. From their Basic Range a blazer would have put me back around £45 and their really really basic one which, on the plus side, was a purse friendly £25 was so unflattering and unfitted. 

Next stop was H&M, on the whole a much better outlook but I still couldn't find something I liked. H&M's range is much larger then expected, with a good choice of blazers and trousers in all the usual colours. The only thing letting the suit wear down was the quality of the fabric. A little too shiny, stretchy and sorry to say a little cheap feeling. And yes I know, I shouldn't be fussy with a budget like mine, but still I was determined to find what I had envisaged  . 

My final stop was Topshop, the Flagship store, I know what you're thinking! Since this Topshop makes a labyrinth look like a walk in the park, I highjacked one of the trillion staff floating around and told her want I wanted, and off she went. Only to return 10 minutes later from the stock room with around 10 suit pieces. Of these I finally found myself a nice jacket and cigarette trousers *yay*! 


Here's me in my lovely new suit. 

Enjoy 
Charl 








No comments:

Post a Comment