Saturday 1 August 2015

Moroccan Inspirations

As any of you that has met me or seen my Instagram page will know that I really do love to cook! I will normally offer to cook for a dinner party or come over and cook at friends houses, (so if you see me, maybe take advantage of this strange habit of mine!)

So recently, I have be trying to be really healthy so I'm experimenting with lots of different and rather exciting recipes, most of them originating from "Saturday Kitchen Live" I am a little obsessed with James Martin!
My new favourite week night dinner has a Moroccan theme and it is incredibly easy to make. This recipe will serve around 3 people

Lamb and Egg Tagine

Ingredients 

1 pack of Lamb mince 400g ish
Handful of flat leaf parsley 
Ground cumin (lots)
Paprika (lots)
Salt and pepper 
1 Onion
3 Cloves of garlic
2 Tins of tomatoes 
Tomato puree
5 Free ranged eggs 
Handful of coriander 
Flat bread and tzatziki to serve 

Method
  • In large bowl put the lamb mince, half a bag of flat leaf parsley, a tablespoon of ground cumin and paprika and some salt and pepper
  • Mix around and make them into meatballs
  • Get a deep sides pan or tagine and heat up some olive oil - then add your meatballs and sear on all sides till brown and set aside 
  • In the remaining oil and juices, put the chopped garlic, onion and more paprika and cumin and fry till soft. 
  • Then add the tinned tomatoes (I use about a tin and half) and simmer for 15 minutes to make the sauce 
  • When the sauce is done put the meatballs back in and simmer for another 3-4 minutes. 
  • Lastly, crack all 5 eggs on top of the sauce making sure that they don't break. Put a lib on top of the pan to let the eggs cook for a couple of minutes
  • Finally, sprinkle lots of chopped coriander on top and serve immediately with flat break and tzatziki 

My very yummy but rather messy tagine

Enjoy
Charl 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment