Sunday 19 February 2012

Valentine's Day

Well as it being the week of Valentine's day and all I thought i'd let you know what I got up to!
FACT: A very large proportion of men don's give a shite about Valentine's day! My boyfriend included! 
So it is up to us girls to let them know how much we love this day! One day in the year where romance is celebrated, all the loved up girls get roses, chocolates and nice underwear, (if we're lucky!). While a majority of the single girls go on a manhunt, or spend it with friends celebrating their singleness! 

I had to seriously pester my boyfriend to buy me flowers, after much persuasion he bought me a single rose, which is must add was beautiful :) ....well done boyfriend! We have to train them like puppy's to remember to get us something small or at least remember that it is Valentine's day in the first place! My parents have been married 23 years and my Dad STILL forgets Valentine's day! 
Come on men! Its not like the date changes every year! Not like easter, come to think about it...when is easter? Now that is an confusing holiday, it bloody changes every year, we can never keep track of it! Here's a fun fact...the date of easter changes because it has to fit in with the timing of the full moons! Now how many of you knew that?! 
Right, I digress, as I love to bake, as many of you will soon know, what better way to celebrate Valentine's day then with a disgustingly large amount of heart shaped biscuits, nothing says "I love you" like unnecessary calories! 

Here's a piccy, recipe is very easy and if you add a little more vanilla they come out lovely, I'll add the link below. 

I did these for all my housemates, because any distraction from working is a good distraction. 

I was also very naughty and went shopping with all this imaginary money I have! 
Topshop has the most gorgeous colour palette at the moment; ice cream colours, peachy pinks, baby yellows and pale mints will brighten even the most drab wardrobe! So stock up girls. 

Not a great photo I do admit, but you can see the dress. 

For all the single ladies out there, Valentine's doesn't have to depressing. While I was out stuffing my face with South American food, my housemate had their very own PINK MEAL. 
Yes I said it, completely pink meal! Aided heavily by the addition of red food colouring to almost every component! 
This culinary masterpiece was the brainchild of none other then Miss Dorothy Spencer! 
She made heart shaped tartlets with red pesto and goat's cheese, PINK mash potato with sausages and PINK gravy, ending with PINK meringues, raspberries and PINK whipped cream....hope you can't over dose on food colouring! 



Don't they look great?! 


Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's day
Charl X 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha very nice baking and dress!

    ReplyDelete